Start Date – Immediate
We are DS.Emotion. We make places successful. We make successful places.
DS.Emotion is a highly innovative, industry leading independent agency who specialise in place making, branding & marketing.
We have over 30 years experience in helping to make the amazing places we work with commercially and socially successful. For us, this means developing authentic place brands that attract and engage with wide and diverse audiences, creating places that make long-term positive changes to people’s lives.
We have branded and marketed some of the UK’s most exciting and inspirational residential and commercial destinations. We’re proud to have won national awards over the years in recognition of our team’s hard but rewarding work.
Who we work for
We support our private-sector clients who consist of some of the UK’s most dynamic and influential development companies, land owners and pension funds.
We also run inward investment initiatives and place marketing campaigns for numerous local authorities, LEPs and BIDs, providing brand driven marketing campaigns, events and promotions to advance and promote physical development and economic growth.
The DS.Emotion London team largely supports retail destinations, providing brand and marketing services from digital to physical that really engage our visitors and communities, and ultimately bring the place to life.
Our innovative, creative and strategic teams across the country bring experience and enthusiasm to all projects. We pride ourselves on our industry expertise and the breadth of services we provide for our clients across all channels. Our skills range from brand consultancy, strategy development, campaign creative and digital and physical delivery – including events and activations.
The London team consists of expert account handlers, designers, strategists plus social media and Place Activation (events) teams. We are a small but effective team of 10 marketers who really enjoy our work but who also socialise outside of office hours taking full advantage of all that London has to offer!
The way we shop has transformed over the past few years, and the role of our high streets, city centres and shopping destinations has changed as a result. It is our job to ensure that the places we market not only keep up with the changing retail landscape, but set the trends for others to follow. We create place activation programmes to ensure that our destinations offer a 360 experience over and above a traditional shopping trip. We have won awards for our independent pop up strategies, our fundraising Pride events and community engagement activities.
Our Social Media Execs are responsible for showcasing all our places have to offer through multi channel campaigns. You will work with the Place Activation team managing a variety of social plans from conception through to completion.
We are looking for candidates with self-motivation who are excited to get stuck in. You will need to have excellent accuracy and attention to detail. You will also need excellent communication skills and the ability to spin multiple plates!
Successful candidates will be able to both give and take direction working within a close-knit, busy team and also work effectively in silo. We are looking for an innovative and hard-working professional who can get going from day one.
- Channel management: create, source, post and schedule content on all client social media channels
- Community management: respond to any DMs and comments on posts where appropriate and engaging in social conversations on behalf of brands on social media
- Preparing long and short-form content for use on social media channels
- Creating editorial / content calendars for client / internal review and contribution
- Social media monitoring for relevant stories and opportunities
- Helping with the development of campaigns and content themes
- Keeping up to date on industry stories and trends
- Research on social media channels, and monitoring on behalf of clients for issues and opportunities
- Creating monthly digital reports for all clients; analysing always-on activity and monthly campaigns
- Attending meetings and briefings where appropriate
- Developing solid social media strategies internally with core objectives being lead generation and engagement
- Feeding into the agency’s own social media channels where appropriate
- Keeping up to date with any changes to social platforms
Skills and experience
- The successful candidate will have a relevant degree / education, but most importantly, convey passion and enthusiasm & a can-do attitude
- Excellent copywriting skills and an ability to adapt to a brand’s tone of voice
- Excellent planning and organisational skills are essential for this role
- Experience of filming and editing short form video content for social media would be beneficial
- Enthusiasm for ever-evolving social media trends, and the wider digital marketing landscape
- Professional and flexible project management skills, working individually as well as part of a team
- The ability to think differently and apply ideas to a wide variety of situations
- Previous experience using social scheduling tools, such as Sprout Social
- Knowledge of paid social would be favourable
- Excellent administration and organisational skills to manage manage budgets, spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have attention to detail
- Impeccable time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills and diplomacy
- Experience in g suite beneficial
The candidate will be comfortable working across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. They must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of social media accounts.
- Work in a creative environment as part of growing and ambitious team of specialists
- 20 days annual holiday, increasing annually after two years (up to 25) plus our office closes between Christmas & New year
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Private Health Care
- Ongoing training and career development
- Flexible working policy
- Regular, varied (and fun!) staff socials
How to apply
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org