Junior Account Exec – DS.Emotion London
Start Date – Immediate
Salary – Dependent on relevant experience
We are DS.Emotion. We make places successful. We make successful places.
DS.Emotion is a highly innovative, industry leading independent agency who specialise in place making, branding & marketing.
We have over 30 years experience in helping to make the amazing places we work with commercially and socially successful. For us, this means developing authentic place brands that attract and engage with wide and diverse audiences, creating places that make long-term positive changes to people’s lives.
We have branded and marketed some of the UK’s most exciting and inspirational residential and commercial destinations. We’re proud to have won national awards over the years in recognition of our team’s hard but rewarding work.
Who we work for
We support our private-sector clients who consist of some of the UK’s most dynamic and influential development companies, land owners and pension funds.
We also run inward investment initiatives and place marketing campaigns for numerous local authorities, LEPs and BIDs, providing brand driven marketing campaigns, events and promotions to advance and promote physical development and economic growth.
The DS.Emotion London team largely supports retail destinations, providing brand and marketing services from digital to physical that really engage our visitors and communities, and ultimately bring the place to life.
Our innovative, creative and strategic teams across the country bring experience and enthusiasm to all projects. We pride ourselves on our industry expertise and the breadth of services we provide for our clients across all channels. Our skills range from brand consultancy, strategy development, campaign creative and digital and physical delivery – including events and activations.
The London team consists of expert account handlers, designers, strategists plus social media and Place Activation (events) teams. We are a small but effective team of 12 marketers who really enjoy our work but who also socialise outside of office hours taking full advantage of all that London has to offer!
The way we shop has transformed over the past few years, and the role of our high streets, city centres and shopping destinations has changed as a result. It is our job to ensure that the places we market not only keep up with the changing retail landscape, but set the trends for others to follow.
We create place activation programmes to ensure that our destinations offer a 360 experience over and above a traditional shopping trip. We have won awards for our independent pop up strategies, our fundraising Pride events and community engagement activities.
Our Social Media Execs are responsible for showcasing all our places have to offer through multi channel campaigns. You will work with the Place Activation team managing a variety of social plans from conception through to completion.
We are looking for candidates with self-motivation who are excited to get stuck in. You will need to have excellent accuracy and attention to detail. You will also need excellent communication skills and the ability to spin multiple plates!
Successful candidates will be able to both give and take direction working within a close-knit, busy team and also work effectively in silo. We are looking for an innovative and hard-working professional who can get going from day one.
- Act as internal liaison between the account management team to which you are assigned and with other relevant departments
- Liaise with clients and ensure that their requests are dealt with efficiently
- Liaise with suppliers such as photographers, printers
- Ensure smooth-running of the production process through liaison with production department
- Help ensure that budgets and deadlines are met consistently
- Manage the coordination of meetings and brainstorms, and ensure that the team have appropriate materials to hand
- Prepare and issue all relevant paperwork required to monitor the progress of work – such as status reports
- Proof-read and check accurate setting of artwork before it leaves the studio and is presented to clients
- Learn our accounting & reporting system and use it to create estimates and invoices for clients, as well as producing internal measurement reports
Skills & experience
- Demonstrable initiative and enthusiasm
- Organised and able to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong administrative skills with great attention to detail
- Either a degree in marketing or relevant experience in the sector
- Proficient computer skills (apple)
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- An excellent communicator
- Creative flair
The position offers excellent opportunities for rapid career progression for the right individuals. Your days will be varied – some days will be spent running around the city between client meetings or site visits, while some will be spent brainstorming with your peers, organising photoshoots or updating critical paths.
- Work in a creative environment as part of growing and ambitious team of specialists
- 20 days annual holiday, increasing annually after two years (up to 25) plus our office closes between Christmas & New year
- Bonus scheme
- Private Health Care
- Ongoing training and career development
- Flexible working policy
- Regular, varied (and fun!) staff socials
How to apply
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org